Sq Foot Pricing for Flagstone Patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Bplandcurbing, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Bplandcurbing

Bplandcurbing LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, I am in the process of trying to bid a 120 sq ft flagstone patio.
    This will be the first time I have bid such a project, paver's are normally what we do. The customer has all the flagstone purchased already so I am just bidding out the labor on installing the patio. The customer does not want mortared joints we will be doing sand joints. Just looking for what you guys think I should bid this out at and what the going rate is per sq ft.

Thanks

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

13.00 square ?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

if its bluestone (the nice factory cut edges and smooth all sides) you can maybe go as low as $10 if your pattern doesn't have any cuts or very few, really its how much you want to make and what they are willing to pay.

if its irregular flagstone you'll want to go maybe around $18, your going to spend a lot of time chipping and fitting.

don't forget to charge enough to cover your base and bedding materials and the stabilizing sand for the grout joints (its not mortar, just keeps ants and weeds out)

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Get as much money as possible!!! It will take you longer then pavers even if you are using dimesional! Irregular will take ALOT longer then dimensional, so price accordingly.

Here is a progress pic of a wet layed irregular job we have going on now.

smiths2 006 [%P].JPG

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

whats that ball looking thing in the pic?

6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

The cheapo cover the ho bought for the firepit i got to build.

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Ahh now I see he he my eyes were playing tricks on me it looked like a dusty ball of mortar with straps around it. Couldn't figure out why you would need that :)

8. Bplandcurbing

This is what the project looks like now. The old patio I have to remove and dispose of the bring the grade down so the flagstone can be installed. This picture will give you guys a better idea of what I am up against.

DSCN0002[2].jpg

DSCN0002[2].jpg

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Oh good lord, that is hideous.

10. Bplandcurbing

I know but it will be a completly different house when it is finished