sq footage - iphone app or software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FLC2000, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

|Use the cities G.I.S. map on line.

2. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I found an app called Imap but it doesnt say it measures the property. I looked for Imapmeasure and couldnt find it at all. Any help?

3. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

It's map measure by fourway technologies ( app store search: map measure.) it's $.99.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. phillie

OK, I downloaded it.. It doesnt measure sqft does it..Just length and width. I think it would work great for on the spot estimates. If I am at home I still will use findlotsize.com. It takes sometime to get used to but is pretty accurate.

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Any non iPhone apps useful for us green guys?

6. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Simple L x W will get your estimated sq.ft. Just open it when I'm at the job and hit "center" andit shows my exact location.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Torchwood

Torchwood LawnSite Member

Length times width is square footage :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. phillie

haha, I know. I was just thinking it was like findlotsize.com. I'm not knocking it at all, I have actually been using it for plowing estimates. findlotsize.com actually measures sqft for you was what I meant. I dont have an issue doing the math, just thought it was different than it is.

9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Measure map is better and you can download the lite version for free it tells you the square footage "measure map" by victor alonso not the map measure by four ways
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. phillie

Yep, I bought pro just now after reading your reply. This was what I was expecting out of the other one. Its a 2 dollar app and worth it. Thanks for that help.