sq footage - iphone app or software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FLC2000, Oct 29, 2011.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

wonder if there is an app that will measure out the property as you walk? I worked for an ag company early on and we measured fields for soil sampling with a gps unit. I like to meet with the clients and discuss their options and upsells.

3. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Here Wilson^^^..I think I would use that to if I needed to meet a customer on the lawn. If I can do it over the phone I'll continue to use measure map. Check it out Shade tree, it's pretty nice.

4. mckservices

mckservices LawnSite Member

We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.

5. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

You can do this with the measure map app for Iphone. The app costs $2 and google pro costs $400/year?

6. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
    You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.

7. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Just downloaded the imap app. It's great!! I'm at home testing on wifi, so i hope it works jsut a good on the 3g network. But this will definitely save time and gas!! Thanks Guys

8. MaddogsEdge

MaddogsEdge LawnSite Member
    from SE VA

9. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.

10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I fail to see how this would help give you a accurate measurement down here.. I did my property which came up to .170 acres or 7405 square feet. This is the lot size but not the the turf size. The turf size is actually 3450 square foot being generous.
    This would mean if I was to bid my property using only this site my price would be twice as high as my price if I were to properly measure of use tools that give more exact details like goilawn