square feet

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sparcolawn, Feb 27, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

pretty basic question, how to you measure the square footage of a lawn?

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

:dizzy: Please tell me you are asking "how" as in what kind of tool do you use and not how to do the actual math. :eek: Assuming this I use a measuring wheel. If not basic math: length x width

3. sparcolawn

from IN

haha, yes sorry for the confusion i was talking about what tool you use, sorry, but hey thanks for answering, same thing i use

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

This has nothing to do with the original poster of this thread but It always surprises me how many people don't know how to figure the basics like: Square Footage, Cubic Feet, and converting Cubic Feet to Cubic Yards.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

what surprises me even more is the amount of people that have to ask what to charge. If you don't know how/what to charge then how the heck to you know how to operate your business.

6. sparcolawn

from IN

my only defense to that is that some people even myself included from time to time wonder what other people are charging. i personally do it so i can figure out the maximum amount i should charge with out screwing the the client or myself