1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Square footage bid!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gaoutcast, Feb 16, 2007.

1. gaoutcast

gaoutcast LawnSite Member

I have a bid going in for a rather large grocery chain here in the southeast. On there bid proposal spread sheet they ask for a square foot cost of mowing, and the same for trimming. I guess my question would be how much per sf would be right. Do I just figure the way I would normaly bid and convert it over to a cost per sf or is there some sort of trick to figureing a job by cost per sf? Also at some stores there are large areas to be bush-hoged once maybe twice a season. Any help on bush-hog priceing would be helpful. Thank you all for the help in advance.
  2. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Convert your normal bid to square feet. The right price per square foot is whatever covers your costs and makes you a little profit.
  3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

It is possible to figure your bid however you normally would and divide by the sq ft to give them a sq ft bid. My fears in doing that would be if they change what they want you to cut. Take away an easy property and add a crappy one, that could really affect your sq ft pricing.

If you say the sq ft pricing for these areas is...$x/sf then you should be ok.

I have never even considered bidding that way. Commercial stuff can be a bit goofy. Maybe someone can tell us why they do that?