square footage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tim cooper, Mar 24, 2002.

1. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

Help me out guys... Just wondering pricing by square footage.. Do u walk the entire perimeter of area for mowing and calculate? If so, whats the formula? I am not very good when it comes to math... Thanks. btw.. 44000 sq ft close to an acre?

2. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

you need to multiply length times width. But if you just measure around the perimeter you will get the sq. footage of the entire property including the house, pool and other areas you wont be mowing. Break the yard down into smaller square areas and find the sq. footage of each and add. If a yard is a perfect square, with 100 feet to each side then the entire yard is 10000 sq. feet. and yes 44000 sq ft. is about one acre.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Close enuff...an acre is 43,560 square feet.

4. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

I know some people charge by square footage/ some estimate by time.. average price u guys quote for acre? about sixty bucks? I know some people factor things such as terrain/ obstacles/ ztr/walk behind ... but on average what u guys price?

5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

yep about $60.

6. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

Between $63.00 to $70.00 to just mow an acre, price goes up as the grass goes up as well.