Square Reader

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JB1, May 20, 2012.

1. Is anyone tried or using the square reader for the iphones to accepet credit cards. Sounds interesting, and easy to set up. anyone with any experience.
    https://squareup.com/square

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I use the intuit version and like it alot.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I have it on my android and works great. I can accept the four major cards now. 2.75% transaction fee.

4. Lagniappe

Lagniappe LawnSite Member

We've ran about 20K through Square in the past year. I have no complaints about them.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Square is great. If you decide to go that route, have them send you a free card reader when you sign up on their site. I've seen them in a variety of large retailers for $10-$20. (Apple Stores are $10) If you need additional for crews, I've had no problem getting additional at no charge.

6. SSmith

SSmith Banned

If you're disciplined it's awesome. I, however, am not. I want my money in a lump sum at the beginning of every month.

For one time jobs it's awesome. I have a paypal link on my website that customers currently use, but I'm thinking about getting this. I may be too tempted to have ppl swipe (if they're home) after each mow and go buy a beer or 5, though. Could be trouble.