Square

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by pgrzes, Apr 20, 2011.

1. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

Just thought i would share this with everyone. Great opp. for seasonal business.
    I just signed up for this. Its a credit card app for Iphone and droid phones. its a straight 2.75% on every transaction. No monthly fees, reader is free. Easy sign up. Has anyone else seen or used this?? I think I was reading that this is something put together by Google execs. Seems perfect for seasonal business.

https://squareup.com/

2. Enrico

Enrico LawnSite Member

I just signed up for it. How do u like it so far?

3. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

I love it. I have not used it a single time, BUT I have not paid a penny for it. So when and if I need it, its there for me.

4. ODP19

ODP19 LawnSite Member

That's exactly what i love about it, the 2.75% can add up on large bills but the convenience on small service calls has been awesome. deposits every afternoon.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have it and love it. I also saw it in Target for sale. $9.99 and I thought "all you have to do is sign up for it and it's free".

6. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone ever REALLY tried this?

is it really 2.75% on all card with no monthly fees? If that's the case, then that's awesome!

I use to be paying around 40$ a month on fees.

Also is good for Canada? Will they ship it free to Canada?

7. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

I have yet to pay a penny for it. I got it over a year ago. I do know a few people that have it and yes it is 2.75%. for an occasional user there great. what you save in monthly expense more then covers the cost differential you would pay with regular processing. Not sure about Canada but you should look into it.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I will check it out, really seems a cool thing to have.

thanks for posting.

9. Dintlow

Dintlow LawnSite Member

Intuit (makers of Quickbook) also have a card reader for smart phones with a 2.7% rate and no monthly fee. You can also choose a $12.95 monthly fee and get a 1.7% rate if that works out to be cheaper for you.

10. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

We have it, like it signed up got free reader for Iphone and it works pretty good. There is a small additional fee I believe if you actually swipe the card instead of just typing in the CC number, I think .15 or .30cents but nice way to get paid on the spot.