Squeaky F-350

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Markf, May 22, 2005.

1. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Gentlemen,
    We have a 2000 F-350 diesel that has now developed squeaks. It will squeak when the truck is not running and standing still just by pushing down on the truck. I do not think the shocks are shot. I believe that the rubber bushings that hold the stabilizer or some other component may be the culprit. Any suggestions? And if you do, what could I spray in there to quiet it down? I do not want the sprayed in substance to dissolve the rubber.
    In advance, thanks for the suggestions.
    Mark

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

White lithium grease would work (spelling?). You can get it in a spray can. If not pb blast should be fine. I know when installing poly bushings you should always put lithium grease on them or they'll squeak.

3. Bray

Bray LawnSite Member

I had a squeak from my leaf springs once and spilled a little motor oil on them and it stopped. The lithium grease would probably be a better choice though on the bushings.

4. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for your replies.
    Mark

5. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

I had a '96 3/4 ton GMC that was squeeking. I had to put marvel oil on the shocks to make it go away.. it did a lot of driving in the mud and water so it was every few weeks i had to do that..