Squeaky Seat

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by browng, Jun 17, 2008.

1. browng

browng LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Fastrak Super Duty 48" with flex forks and mulch kit, I have only used it one time and I think I will like the mower but the squeaky seat is going to drive me crazy. Have any of you had a similar problem or know of a solution?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new ride!! and welcome to our happy Hustler family!
    Squeaky seat? where is it making this noise? the hinge area where the seat platform hinges or from the springs under the platform?

3. browng

browng LawnSite Member

The squeak in the seat was coming from the hinge rubbing on the frame, I put some grease on it and it stopped (for now). I realized the front casters were squeaking as well, it appears the dealer tightened the axle nuts too much when he installed the flex forks. I pumped some grease in the fittings and loosened the nuts a little and that seemed to take care of the squeaking wheels (they also roll freely now), I'm hoping I don't hear any more squeaks when I use it this afternoon.
  4. wblack

wblack LawnSite Member

I have the same mower, bought it this spring. Yep, I have the same problem with the seat.
  5. cemler

cemler LawnSite Member

I also "had" a squeaky seat on my new FasTrack SD 54". Even though I lubricated the hinge bolts and seat slide (already greased) I found the squeak to be caused by the seat lock down bracket rubbing on the frame. I tried positioning the bracket just so so that it would not rub, but could not. There was simply not enough gap between bracket edges and frame. Thus, I just removed it. No more squeak!

Ideally to keep safety measures the same, grind down the bracket edges a little, repaint, and re-install.