Squidoo - Easy Online Marketing

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by BearWise Landscapers, Feb 16, 2010.

?

Have you heard of Squidoo?

1. Yes, I have made a page on it

50.0%
  2. Yes, but I have not used it

25.0%
  3. No, but I am interested in using it

25.0%
  4. No, and I don't think it would help my business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

I’m curious if any of you have heard about or used Squidoo?

I have heard a lot about it from some friends and just got on the other day to make a few pages (called lens) to help generate traffic to our business website. It is a free service and you can set up a page about your business that will show up in search engines and help your business website.

Here is a description of Squidoo from their website:

2. BearWise Landscapers

Here are the Squidoo Lenses that I made the other day:

I don't really know that much about it and simply copied text from our business website to make them. I imagine it would be helpful to make one about your landscaping business and include links on there to your business website. If you make a lens or already have one, include a link to it in this forum. (That should also help with it and your business website ranking higher in Google and other search engines).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks

3. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Hey Drew,

Squidoo isn't bad, you can use http://hubpages.com also, there are many social networking sites you can use for these purposes.

Besides sending links to your site to advance it in the search engines you can get the hubpage or squidoo lens to be on the first page of the search engines - it is all a matter of the links you get pointing to your site or to the squidoo lens.

Speaking of the anchor text links,

http://www.squidoo.com/equipmentfloaterinsurance
    the link "I am an insurance agent"
    probably isn't the best use of a link pointing to your site.

I copied the information for one of the insurance agents in orlando that was near the top of Google search page for "insurance orlando"

if you look at the title and keyword phrases you see they use -jacksonville insurance and orlando insurance - because they want to be found when someone searches using those terms.

<title>Jacksonville Insurance and Orlando Insurance</title>

<meta name="description" content="Brightway Insurance offers a full line of Orlando and Jacksonville insurance products at competitive value, delivered with a personal touch." />

<meta name="keywords" content="jacksonville insurance, orlando insurance , tampa insurance, tallahassee insurance, florida insurance" />
    <

That is what would give you the most benefit on the squidoo or hubpage links or any links that point to your site.

You can find the same info by going to a website, hold your cursor over the page and right click, the code comes up for you to see.

If you have any questions send me a pm

4. BearWise Landscapers

Turf Troll,

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out hubpages too. If you think of anything else, please let me know. I'm just playing around with Squidoo and this whole search engine thing. I still have a lot to learn. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

5. BearWise Landscapers

I have been working on a couple of new squidoo pages. I made this one a few days ago and want you to check it out:

Insurance for Lawn Care Businesses

If you like it, please sign the guestbook at the bottom. I had somebody comment on it earlier today.

Thanks!

6. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

What do you think about putting a phone number that someone could call if they might want to get some Florida landscape biz insurance.