Squirel's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by klite, Jul 10, 2000.

1. klite

klite LawnSite Member

How do I keep them out of the vegetable garden? Without shooting them.<p><br>----------<br>Ken...Lightcap's Landscape Service<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: klite

2. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

put lotsa food at the other end of the yard

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i have one costomer that sets traps for them all over his yard and drownds them! He then hangs them around his garden AS A deterent for other squirls! The smell is unbarable!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nice guy. Someone else would be cutting that lawn.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

What do the squirrels take? I only have trouble with the peaches and pears, just plant an extra tree and the problem is gone-more than enough to go around!<p>Actually racoons and woodchucks are the big pests, three feet of rabbit wire with a foot buried will keep these pests out. The big farmers around here use propane cannons in the cornfields to keep critters out but they make lousy neighbors.<p>Bill

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

the squirl is eating his blueberry bushes, eating his apples and stripping the bark off his trees resulting in the trees dying (lol!) He says &quot; squirls are nothing but annoying fury rats and i do not want them around!&quot; Every time i there mowing i hear more bizare things.... id hate get on his bad side!

7. Natasha you take care of moose I will get squirrel.<p>Boris<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: lawrence stone

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Stone...you're too much. :)

10. dhicks

dhicks Member

I spray coyote urine. It does wonders to keep deer and rabbits out of the yard, too. The coyote urine comes in 1/2 or 1 gallon jugs. The urine is sterlized thus, no noxious smells to humans. Most top end garden store and mail order garden catalogs offer this stuff. However, I'd hate to be the one who has to hold the coyote to make 'em whiz in a jug.<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com