1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Mar 24, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

any solutions to slow them down besides a bb gun?
  2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Sling shot?
  3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Paprika or chili powder. I do that in my beds for bulbs and such. Works great
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

5. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTEAnti-freeze on a plate.

Make sure you don't have a dog or cat around if you try this method. I sprinkle hair cutttings or tufts of dog fur from my shepherd around the bed .I heard that the chili powder thing works too.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok guys... THe only good way to deal with them is to TRAP them in a live trap and relocate them. Unless you live out in the sticks where you can get away with randomally poisining animals. I'm no tree hugger at all, but I do know you can't go killing them like that.

I don't know that deterrents work too well either. Squirrels are very clever and can tell the difference between the sent of a predator and the real deal. Iv'e used fox urine in my lawn to keep rabbits from eating my christmas lights (long story) and the squirrels hardly cared at all, they went right on about their days.

I have about 4 here that I feed, quite well, but I admit that too many would be a terrible nusicense. I don't even try to feed the birds anymore! THose critters sit and watch me fill the bird feeder and within 10 minutes are all over it like stink on chit.
  7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

there is also a product that contains
    dried blood .016%
    putrescent whole egg solids .016%
    Garlic oil .003%
    It's safe, repels by smell touch and taste 16 oz p 1 gal. of water
    It's called Shotgun/ repels - all
  8. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

C4 works the best in open areas, but I find bouncing bettys in the garden beds to most effective that way the bulbs don't get damaged...

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

C4,lol thatz funny heck in my area we eat em kill em clean and fry em.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Never have heard of eating them before you clean and fry???:laugh: :laugh: