1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

srm 210 or fs 55

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie2, Oct 15, 2007.

1. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

Between these two trimmers which would you pick? Same price.
  2. cebe800

cebe800 LawnSite Member

All we run are srm 210's. We are very happy with them. Just minor maintenance issues and some neglect by employees but other than that nothing ever broke and they always run. I think for $199.00 you can't go wrong.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I also have one 210 but old version.......the new ones are the one ring design! Do you have experience with the new level?
  4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

After having bad experiences with the newer Echo products due to carb issues, I'd buy anything but an Echo.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl fs80r all the way. I have two and put steel shafts in them. Take off that guard and trim!!! Paid 289 each plus 30 for the steel shaft. Well worth it compared to the homeowner stihl trimmers (fs55).
  6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an SRM-210 that is about 10 years old that still runs and an SRM-230 that I just purchased for some extra power. I would have to say, for basic lawn use, the SRM-230 is almost more then you need.
  7. S man

You got lucky. All the guys around here have problems witn echo.
  8. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

Went down to pick between the stihl 55 and 80 and the salesman threw in the 25-2 head and a 6 pack of stihl oil. Not a bad deal
  9. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

actually it was the fix cut 5-2 head. That thing is a beast
  10. S man

???? Which did you get????