1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

srm 230 echo leaks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yard sloth, Sep 12, 2004.

1. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

I bought a new echo srm 230 a few weeks ago. when it hangs naturally in the rack the carb is near the bottom. If I leave it in this position overnight the air cleaner gets soaked with fuel and the air cleaner cover fills up with fuel. Should I take it in for service, or is there a quick fix for this? anybody know why it does this? thanks
  2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought an Echo SRM230 trimmer in April and have not experienced this problem at all. I believe Echo had a recall on a lot of hand held equipment earlier this year in regards to a leaky fuel line or something of this nature. I am not sure if the Echo srm230 was included in the recall. Take it back to your dealer and have him check it out.
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Take it back for service. If you start tampering with it, you may make things worse. Let them deal with it.
  4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

All my Echo 260's leak like swine. For many other reasons I am not to thrilled with their trimmers and edgers. You can try to take it to the dealer, but I doubt they will do anything significant for you.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have one 230 also and noticed it started leaking this past week. I had it on the trailer for a couple weeks before it started. It seems like it is coming from inside. I will talk with my dealer he is a VERY large ECHO dealer with a strong tech rep. Concering the the 260 leaking....I got 7 of those and NONE leak. They are new to 3 years old. Breathers fail and gas lines have to be replaced if in sun but that is only thing I have done. Oh I did have to replace head gasket on one but that is minor repair. Our units get VERY heavy usage..six hours of run time each day and about 200 days a year.