srm-260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by charlies, Apr 2, 2004.

1. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i bought 2 new echos last june. srm 260bp's. things ran like crap from day 1. both of them. by the end of the season, both were, and still are, out of service. heard rumors echo was having problem with their carbs for a brief period last season, anyone else have problems? if so, what was done about it?

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I had the same problem with mine. It was under warranty, so they replaced the carb at no cost to me. I heard that they were going to switch from diaphram carbs to barrell valve carbs to solve their problem.

If they are still under warranty, make the dealer live up to that warranty and repair them.

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a new srm2400 head on ebay for $65 bucks......try it, you'll like it.:)
    DP

4. locutus

from NC

Hey Doc, how about a link?

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

6. locutus

from NC

Didn't realize that was the only one available. If you could get the srm 2400 heads like that on a regular basis, I would go into another line of business.

7. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Had the same problem here I replaced them with Redmax.

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have an SRM 210 that I use for back-up. I've had it for a few years and it has not been very reliable. I've reparied the carb several times. It's a light duty trimmer more suited to the homeowner.
    I'd like to see Echo build some really good commercial grade trimmers and stick edgers, but I don't think they have the nerve to go head to head with Stihl or Shindaiwa. If they did the market for their product would explode since they sell them at the depot.

9. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

i have a echo gt 2400 "homeowner" grade trimmer. i has lasted through 8 years of commercial mowing. i noticed that if you dont run premium gas they dont run very well. try running premium gas

10. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i had my echos carb go bad in one month, it was covered under warrenty