SRR - Some Assembly Required. Batteries Not Included...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jeffinsgf, Jul 11, 2007.

1. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, so the disclaimers that accompanied all my favorite childhood toys should have been on the SRR remote box, too. But that's alright -- I had as much fun with it today as I did with anything I ever got in my pre-teen years.

I did have to make another trip to town when I found out you needed a conduit box connector and a piece of pipe to mount the receiver to the controller. After that little chore, the rest of it was plug and play. Glad I noticed that the battery didn't come with it, or that would have been a third trip.

With my system spread over an acre -- that remote is going to come in real handy when I am tweaking. Is the connection the same as the long range remote? The SRR does everything I need from anywhere in the yard, so I am glad I didn't part with the bucks for the fancier one. I can see where you guys would need the increased range, however.

2. remotes are the best.........

3. DITTO...........

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Any Hunter controller with a SmartPort will accept either the SRR or ICR remote receiver.

5. TRC also makes a converter for the sidekick.

6. Also the range issue isn't as big a factor as the durability. My durability rating for the remotes I know about are:
    Rain Master by far
    TRC Commander or Sidekick about the same
    Hunter ICR
    None of the little HO remote can take much abuse

7. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Well, since I'm not commercial and I don't have to hand my remote to trench monkeys, I think I'll be fine. :dancing:

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

i love my TRC commander, that coupled with my maxicom....so nice....but she does gobble up the 9v batty's

9. sprinklerguy1

sprinklerguy1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I love the ICR remote.... you can power through anything with it.