SRT8's work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SRT8, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Yes actually. I'm starting another company. I decided to not grow my current landscape company anymore. The new company will be strictly union and focus on big freeway contracts. We will mainly do landscaping, demolition and job site cleanup.
    Im currently shopping for a skidsteer and a trackloader. Haven't had much luck finding a nice used machine so I will probably buy new.

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Any plans on selling the landscape company? When you say freeway contracts do you mean highway mowing?

3. SRT8

from CA

No , no plans on selling. It practically runs itself so I've decided to keep it.

I mean landscaping/irrigating the sides of freeways. They are doing billions of dollars worth of freeway work around here so I want a slice of the pie.
    also a lot of new construction going on, and the huge projects are all union. I know a lot of people that work for the big construction companies so landing jobs won't be an issue. There aren't many companies to compete against so thats a plus.

4. SRT8

from CA

Installed a couple of these today

20131204_130952(1).jpg

20131204_130903.jpg

5. SRT8

from CA

Any volunteers to bleed these valves?

download-3.jpeg

download-4.jpeg

6. SRT8

from CA

Had to fix this 4" mainline break today. Its been a while since I got muddy. :cry:

download-6.jpeg

download-8.jpeg

7. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Waiting on somebody to come out with a controller that can be accessed remotely, with a mobile phone, app, wifi. It would be so beneficial with the commercial sites.

8. SRT8

from CA

These are them brother. WeatherTRAK has their own app that you can download onto your smartphone and run system checks without having to use a remote.It still gives you the remote option. They are controlled via satelite just like a cell phone and you can also program and manually run the system from your home computer by logging into your account. They are by far the best ET control out. I push all of my clients to install them. They are a bit pricey but well worth it.

9. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. Good to know. Gonna look into them, get knowledgable on them and see if we can pitch them to some properties. Got some properties that are beginning to notice increase in their water bill. And they are beginning to ask questions.

10. SRT8

from CA

They are awesome controllers. Do your homework on them and really understand how ET watering works or else its going to be hard to pitch them to your clients.
    Posted via Mobile Device