1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SSSSHHH Its a secret!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Mar 14, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Well i just heard from a very good source that Toro is going to drop the kohler and go with the kawasaki motors!! I really don't know if its that big of a secret but he did say that they are going to for sure!!! Ps The sources son is a engineer for toro!!!!
  2. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Drop Kohler? That'd be like Eric getting a Lazer!
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm glad that you didn't keep that a secret. Sounds like a good move on Toro's part.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the inside scoop ASAR :)
  5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

still doesn't matter i wouldn't buy a toro, jusr because they have a better engine doesn't mean the cut will be better, or stuff like that. correct me if i'm wrong
  6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i could think of a few other things to change. I didn't think they had an engine problem.
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Bout time! Ever other mower manufactures has difrent brands of engines available! Toro only uses kohlor! after all the problems with the kohlor 25's i dont think to highly of kohlor! I happen to buy a toro z master with a kohlor 25 2 weeks before I found lawnsite unfortunatly. Lawnsite has educated me not to buy kohlor! I know my next mower will not be another toro unless they offer kawasaki!
  8. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Heard for my local dealer on this.
    Kohler can not get rid of the tic in the engines. We run 2 z-master 44" one has kohler 20 command (1999) and new(2000) has 17 kawi.
    By advise from my dealer we were told that kohler could not get the problem stright and to buy the kawi and it has been a good choice.

Our kohler still runs fine however, until all the bugs get worked out I would buy kawi for a Zero or larger mower.

9. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have quite a few Kohlers on WB's and ZTR's and I have only had one problem with any of them. It was the head gasket issue. I like them and don't see everyones problem I guess.
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

All the toro Z's around here have kawis on them. I've never seen a toro z with a kohler.