1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sstdr

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i began using the BCI TDR in 2000 as a locating aid, i loved the BCI and was sorry to see it die in an unfortunate electrical accident. the BCI was replaced with the Triplett 3271 and i have enjoyed a lot of success with it also.

recently i acquired a T-3 Innovation Snap Shot and look forward to putting it through its paces this season. the Snap Shot is a SSTDR (spread spectrum time domain reflectometer) which is new to me. this is going to be a fun season and you should be hearing quite a bit about the differences.

i guess this will be like everything else i seem to do, i'll take my time and tell you guys how everything is going in stages. i hope that one day we will find a tdr or sstdr that will become a must have for every irrigator. :)

100_7923.jpg

100_7919.jpg

2. ASI

ASI LawnSite Member

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you have more faith in me than i do ASI, i would not know where to begin.

both livewire innovation and T3 innovation are sister companies, the Faultchaser and the Snap Shot are similar but i have not read enough to determine the differences/similarities.

4. greenestlawn

greenestlawn LawnSite Member

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Best of luck to you. please note that i have not had the faultchaser in hand bvt i am entered too. the faultchaser is if i am not mistaken, a couple hundred more than the snapshot. i have a referral to a full system locate tomorrow or friday where i will pit the triplett and the snapshot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

ain't gonna happen, client called me when i was in town so i stopped by, no controller, no wires, no obvious poc, but it has sprinklers :rolleyes:

friday i'll try to find the hand valves with my magnawand, this is gonna be fun :wall

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

take pics plz!!

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

by the way i did find this without a tdr or locator other than my voodoo sticks. old hand dug well that was under a demoed building and debris

100_7884.jpg

100_7889.jpg

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Neat stuff, Jim.

Hope you're well.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i am thank you, your growing family is likewise i hope :)