Sstdr

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

What is the diff between the fault finder and the Snap Shot?

Looks like the Fault Finder has more features.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

a hundred dollars or so.

i received a call from russell at livewire innovations last week and i believe he said that they do the software for t-3 so you get about the same thing from either company, only livewire hits the streets a little quicker.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

4. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

That is a smart buy and I forget to mentioning that Jason Chesla at T3 Innovations is a great guy. He was super helpful, the kind of person or company you want to do business with. He gave us his cell number and answered it on the weekend one time when we first got it. We did not know what the hell we were doing, but that was before we talked to "TrackZilla" aka Jim R.

Jim, I forgot to send that as-built since I was messing around with my new LandFX software. Shoot me an email reminder and I will send it when I get to the office.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Located a valve for a maintenance co that i have done quite a bit of work for in the past. hunter system commercial account. solenoids measured high 50's. sstdr measured 100.5 ft. nowhere to earth ground so i hooked the transmitter up for a solenoid locate, walked 30 paces and tvrned the receiver on and found the valve. it was in a 6 in. round which i scraped just enough material away to remove the cover. 9 minutes start to finish, unload through uncover. complete billing and load up was 30 min and drive away. i was impressed with the snap shot it was right on the money. using tools like the tdr and sstdr makes locating fun. i even had a small crowd watching
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

We have had the same success with the Snap Shot and we are now considering the TDR as a standard piece of equipment in each service truck.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The client is a friend of mine, he wanted me to remind you about the cone markers you forgot.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have always said that a good locator requires being a lucky locator. the snap shot is taking some of the lvck requirement out of the equation by giving us more information to work with.

i am starting to get used to mine so i think i will send my triplett to a friend of mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

There you go. Get a decent TDR that you can rename "Lucky Locator" and resell it to the irrigation industry with a huge markup!
    Then we can all hang out together and play brass nozzle table tennis! :waving: