ST-2 Blower Rack by TrimmerTrap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used this yet? IIRC, someone said that a friend used one and his blower fell off. I'd like to get one if it works well.

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I don't use trimer trap I use buyers and t.s.c. racks (cheap) but I need a MR-2 multi clamp

3. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

If you heard rummors like that contact trimmer trap you'll probably get a better responce.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I saw a post a week or so back and if I remember correct, it wasnt the racks fault as much as it was the stihl housing breaking and allowing the blowers to fall off. I dont know how stihl handles this with warranty, I dont know if they are designed to supprt the weight on a rack.

wayne

5. mark12

mark12 LawnSite Member
    from Ar

I had the ST-1 I think....it cracked the plastic housing around the top opening on my br550....stilh doesn't cover that under warranty, cost about 70.00 to get repaired....I then purchased the ST-2 when it came out.....works well. If it is installed right the blower can not fall out. I've been using it 5 days a week for about 2 months with no problems at all. I like it.

6. Fubba

Thanks for the info. Looking at getting one now.

7. Fubba

One more question, how do you support the tube? Do you just let it hang? or hook it through the straps of the blower?

8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

If you go to Trimmer Traps website they have a small video of someone taking the blower on and off the rack. Thinking of getting one myself.

9. Fubba

Just saw the video...looks great. Now I just have to find somewhere to order them from. Do local dealers sell these things, or is there a source online?

10. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Campbells in Mcdonough (770-898-5557 Brad King)should be able to get one or the one in Forrest Park has them. About an hour drive for you. I am also thinking about one