St. Augustine stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

It's been a little while since I posted anything so I thought I would share a picture with everybody. This is a picture of my neighbor's lawn taken from the golf course behind there house. The house to the right is mine. I think for st. augustine the stripes don't look too bad.

DSC_9052x.jpg

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wow thats great for down here. Thats with the 42" deck right? I never mess with stripes though takes too much time trying to go in a perfect line. My machine doesn't leave any lines just a nice smooth carpet look.

3. Collegepro

Collegepro LawnSite Senior Member

Is that with your Walker

4. Jason'sLawnCare

Thanks for your replies and compliments. Yes it is with the walker with the 42in deck.

5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I see JD stripes from up north and think WOW but here no dice.

Nice work. I am kind of glad I don't have really visible stripes because I don't go super straight all the time so it would look like a drunk guy mowing after I drive all over to get the clippings down and mulched.

6. Jason'sLawnCare

Thanks man. I don't know if you have read previous post of mine but as I've said then it only turns out that defined under ideal conditions. From the other side, if I were to have taken the picture with my back against the house it wouldn't look as defined.

Also most of the time it does take a little longer to get them straight but I was just mowing mine and my neighbor's lawn and they are my relaxing lawns. Normally I cut with my dad but for these two I mow by myself and just take my time and enjoy so I don't mind spending the extra time on these two. I don't think I would do this for every lawn though.

7. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Come on Jason:nono: You got that mower, don't just mow with it. Make something Special!!! It's not all work with a Walker, just got through with mine 2 hrs staight. Grabbed a brew and wish I had more to cut:laugh:
    St. Aug looks good though:)

8. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

How close to the banks of the water did you get with the walker? Would it tip if you tried to mow the bank or do you use a trimmer?

9. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

only time i got stripes on st augustine with my turf tiger was when the grass started to dry out this past fall. i thought that was pretty cool, i sure miss cutting the blue grass up north making stripes!

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yeah thats when I can get some good stripes down, with tall dry grass, they become really defiant. I kinda wan't a walker, they leave an amazing cut and the machines are so neat. I have a neighbor that switched lawn services to a guy that has a walker. Just in a few months the yard has become thicker and all the ruts have gone away. The cut is perfect too.