1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

St. Augustine with dandilions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Sooners, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

What's on the market that will kill dandilions in St. Augustine? Everything I see that Kills dandilions warns against usage on St. Augustine.
  2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i get good results using atrazine
  3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Dependent upon the label restrictions, Lesco 3-Way. Pretty much anything that has 2,4-D in it.
  4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

3 way will wipe out st augustine
  5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Use a product called Speedzone, st augustine formulation.
  6. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

7. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

You will no longer find Speedzone for St. Augustine being sold. We and many other companies here in Florida that used it according to the label had serious problems with it burning the top off of the St. Augustine. The company pulled all of it in the fall to supposedly relabel it lowering the max temp. from 90 to 85 and also remove Floratam from the label. It still hasn't come back out yet.
  8. MrSandman

MrSandman LawnSite Member

Hi. I'm new here and came here for the same exact problem. Where can i buy atrazine from and is it a brand name or a chemical? Lastly, is there anything else that will work on St. Augustine grass for dandelions? How about against clovers as well? I think i've got more weeds than st. augustine! :mad: