St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me, I work St. Charles County...but welcome to the site

2. J&P landmasters

J&P landmasters LawnSite Member

thanks muchly-it's been really helpful!

3. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

I serve mostly in the st charles county area.

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

You will have to check with the cities to see if you can solicit (sp) by door to door. Don't qoute me but I don't think you can.

5. J&P landmasters

That's a good point. Will check into it!

6. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all

I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to purchase double ground mulch by the semi load. I need to get about 150yds this spring - maybe more.

River city supply gave me a quote of $15/yd plus $100 delivery per truck (65 yds)

St. Louis compost told me "about $12/yd" but I am not a big fan of their mulch. It just is weird, like too much leaf material in some batches, and all chips in other batches.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully the ground will thaw soon so we can get some landscape work done. I am not used to the ground being frozen here for several weeks straight.

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Ficks supply in the chesterfield bottoms area. They had a post on this thread on the first few pages. They have nice quality mulch.

8. kieferslawn

kieferslawn LawnSite Member

I always go to st. Louis compost for my bulk mulch. I do agree that sometimes it's not the best but it's cheap and minutes from my house. They also have different qualities of mulch there. The cheap stuff for $12 fades pretty quick and like you said has leaves in it sometimes, but look at the price your paying. All the dyed mulch and the more expensive stuff is usually pretty good. Just think that lots of the nursery's around here get their mulch from st. Louis composting so it can't be that bad.
    I have no idea where else to get 150 yards though. Just my opinion and good luck.

9. J&P landmasters

I just got a notice that someone replied to my thread, but it wasn't bout multch. I'm still having trouble finding someone in the Ladue/frontenac area

10. quietone

quietone LawnSite Member

Who works in the South County Area? I have a lead on an apartment complex. Too far for me. Let me know. Thanks.