1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

STL..
    Do you use a mini track machine as your equip to build hardscapes?
    Steve

2. hitechlm

hitechlm LawnSite Senior Member

Robert Brake of Brake Landscaping Federally indited on hiring illegal aliens and only paying them $2 per hour. Per KSDK

3. xtreem3d

NO Freakin WAY!!!!!!!!!! I had under bid an apartment and still lost it to him...maybe this is why?

4. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, what an interesting development. Not surprising though, unfortunately.

5. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I guess that account is up for grabs again.

Maybe give them a call Monday.

6. hitechlm

hitechlm LawnSite Senior Member

Supposedly this isn't the first time this has happened to him. I spoke with one of the owners of the larger companies in the area this afternoon and asked him what he thought would happen, his exact response was "hes a cat with nine lives". Any management company that wishes to continue to do work with them is just saying that they condone this type of behavior

7. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy does all my excavation and yes he uses a 331 and a t-190. We pretty much just use the 190 for moving rock unless we are digging a patio. Really depends on the site. It cost me a little more but he is GOOD and what he does in an hour would take me 6 or more.

9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I think all/most of the big companies use illegals and just pay the fines if they get caught. I have no idea what they pay them though.

10. xtreem3d

What's weird is it says "each count", does that mean for every illegal he had?

STL i thought i had read you had a mini track like the MT 55...just wanted some feedback on them in general