St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't own one I just rent it as needed. I like the MT55 a lot for easy access and pulling it with a light duty truck. If I win Powerball tonight I would buy a new mini trackhoe E50 a T300 and a MT55. That would get some work done quickly.:)

If your looking to buy one get the 55 and pass on the 52. The bucket for the 52 is just to small for moving any material in a quick manner.

2. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

It said one felony count of conspiracy to commit visa fraud. I am not sure what that means but it sounds bad.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't the 52 and 55 have the ride on plate behind it? I am kind of leaning toward a vermeer(used one) but they seem to be pricey and hard to find. I like being "in" the machine

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

Not to my knowledge, they have a sulky. The sulky's are a pita as the tires alway's peel off the rim. I wish they would make a fold up fixed platform like they have on some other machines. If you like being in the machine I would just get a small bobcat s70. They weigh the same as a MT55 and I think they can get in a small 36" or 48"gate.

5. DParish

DParish LawnSite Member

They make an after market stand on plate for the Bobcat it runs close to $500 I believe
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

Is it a plate or a sulky with casters? For $500 you could have a retractable one fabbed up and still have a few bucks left for a gallon or two of fuel.:laugh:

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a MT55 and I made my platform from a old Jungle Wheels set. The price was right ($0) because I have everything laying around waiting to be used on a project like this.

As far as the MT55 vs. MT52 goes, the only way I would have a MT52 is if I had to be able to get in an opening that absolutely required it. I can't imagine have tracks that are as narrow as they are on the 52. The one thing I wish I could get for my 55 is a larger bucket. I would love a 50" or 54" bucket.

I use my MT55 about twice as much as I do my T200. The only time I bring the big loader is when I have to move something heavy.

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

8. all ferris

I'd make the ones like mine all day long for $500:laugh:

9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

Why do you use it more than your 200? Do you do any hardscape (digging patio's etc) or more softscape stuff? Your plateform looks close does it give you enough room to be comy all day long? My problem is the price of a MT55 which I would get a used skiddy to be able to dig and move big boulders etc.

10. all ferris

I do both hard and soft. The reason for using the 55 more than the 200 is its size. The 55 is much easier on lawns, it's easy to hual around, and it does most of what I need done. Don't get me wrong. They both have their place but I wish I had bought the 55 years ago. I make more money with the 55.

The platform is fine. It could be a bit larger but its what i had. However, it is sometimes nice that it's small so it doesn't get in the way. The only time I really wish it was bigger is when 2 guys need to stand on to pick up something heavy.
    Posted via Mobile Device