St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Is it gas or diesel? & how's that worked out? do you use the 55 as a wheel barrow whenever possible?

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is diesel. I'm not sure Bobcat makes a gas powered MT. And it is an awesome wheel barrow. With the 55 I can scoop 6 ton of landscape rock out of the back of my truck and have it somewhat spread out in about an hour (without sweating). Its like cheating. :laugh:

3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah the Bobcat MT55's are all diesel. I think the Dingo has gas and diesel models. They are great little machines for the most part.

4. xtreem3d

Are dingo's considered the "Buffalo tool brand" of mini track loaders?

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

I don't know but they started it all. Toro bought the machines rights from an Austrailian company hence the "Dingo" name. Just make sure it doesn't eat your baby.:laugh:

6. all ferris

My buddy has a dingo and I don't think it is built as good as Bobcat. He is on his second motor in 500 hours. I have never tried the other brands out there but they say that the DitchWitch makes a pretty good mini skid. I stick with Bobcat because of the outstanding service I get from my salesman.

7. xtreem3d

I have also heard good things about ditch witch but i just don't care for the looks..which really shouldn't matter :dizzy:
    I had heard poor reviews about Dingo.... kind of like your paying for the Toro name.
    Does your machine leave any ruts when used as a wheel barrow?

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

It really doesn't matter if your moving rock or mulch you'll leave the same ruts if any at all. It really depends on the turf conditions , since the tracks displace the weight pretty good.

9. all ferris

If I have to keep traveling over the same area numerous times it will start to rut a yard up. This would be like if you were doing a landscape that needed lots of material brought into a back yard and you had limited space to get around the house. I find that if I try to stay out of the same tracks all the time there will be no yard damage. Trust me, it's well worth the money to not have to use a wheel barrow any more.

10. xtreem3d

Trust me, it's well worth the money to not have to use a wheel barrow any more.

That's what I'm thinking too. We wheel alot of material. If yours had forks..about how many blocks /pavers could you carry ?