St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. torquelandscaping

torquelandscaping LawnSite Member

Im going to start this weekend.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Looking for 2-3 guys full time to work together as mowing crew. One guys must have class E license to drive truck and others must be experience with ferris walkbehind mowers does anyone know any guys looking for work? We are in st. charles

3. kennybahr

kennybahr LawnSite Member

I'm in Kirkwood and looking to network too! Pm me
    thanks,
    kenny

4. kennybahr

kennybahr LawnSite Member

I'm in Kirkwood too, and would love to network with you
    please pm me

5. stanleyleecm

stanleyleecm LawnSite Member

Looking for a 32" or 36" belt walk behind.

6. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. Just passed thru your great city. The landscaping is awesome especially around the interstate. Who maintains that ?
    I was wondering what you guys mow with the most as I see alot of slopes that have great stripes. Good work

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I am just guessing your kidding? IMO the hwy's around st. louis(depending on which ones your on ) are sh*t holes. On 270 the brush against the barrier walls hasn't been cut in years, with vines growing all over them. Also on 270 there are actually 3 different versions of those barrier walls !!WTF !!!! down 55 and 70 the crown vetch has been at least 3-4 feet tall this year. you wanna see nice roadside highways go through Maryland and Viginia's (i think) i was up there a couple years ago and was blown away at how nice they are kept. I believe there are no billborads on Maryland highways
    Steve

8. cclllc

I think it was coming in from the west side on 64.

9. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah yeah, that stretch is nice. From Chesterfield valley through Clayton even into the city limits its well kept. On the other hand there's the confluence of 55&44 that's recently been taken over by a group that runs an old ambulance. I like to refer to them as "ghetto grass". I'm sure they're battling a tough contract, but they seem to be losing their war on grass. They brought Z's and walk behinds to a gig that required bush hogs and sickle mowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cclllc

What are they cutting those slopes with. They are pretty steep but the stripes are straight