1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. kieferslawn

kieferslawn LawnSite Member

Yeah you should be fine. Even if you don't plow she wants someone to take care of her driveway, shovel, snowblower, etc.

It's a pretty big place isn't it. It grows like crazy in the spring with a pre-immergent and their irrigation system. How big is the pine tree that you were talking about?

2. J&P landmasters

J&P landmasters LawnSite Member

Oh man-it's a 50 footer-pulled right outa the ground. She has another little one I don't think she knows about. There were branches down in the front, too. What a beautiful property. I drove all around there and they have one of the best-as far as slope, irrigation.

3. kieferslawn

Yeah beautiful corner lot, expensive neighborhood too!

4. J&P landmasters

yeah. I bet people pull up and just jack up the price. I could see someone charging $90 per mow

5. kieferslawn

if all the landsaping didn't come with it, my price would have been a lot more too.

6. J&P landmasters

I'll bring my cousin along so she sees we're not creepy-he's pretty clean cut and the girls like him

7. J&P landmasters

I am looking for some courses ( not too long) in landscaping, botanicals, horticulture in St. Louis. Has anyone taken these? Need to get some licencing and educate my crew. Thanks! Any insight into the best classes would be appreciated.

8. HiTECH

HiTECH LawnSite Member

To get you pesticide license call the Missouri dept. of ag. and ask to speak to some one in the plant division. They will mail you a flier telling you when the test dates are and send you a list of books to buy to study for the test. You only have to buy 3 books which is about $47.00 i think, the one book has some really helpful info in it about identifing weeds. Go to this web site and you can get all the info on how to contact them. www.mda.mo.gov
    I hope this helps.

9. J&P landmasters

I just went on the site, thanks. What's the test like?

10. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Mostly multiple choice. Read through all three books.....