St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. J&P landmasters

J&P landmasters LawnSite Member

it was a regular customer-not mine. A client I might take on. But the company who did the work is a good size and I don't think he handled it ethically...or whatever. Just wanted some feedback or a general concenses of how it should've been handled. Never too late to learn.

2. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I won't be taking the test until maybe next year, but I was wondering what the 3 books were, so I can get a head start on studying.

3. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

we helped out ladue with some curbside leaf pickups and got to see their mulch and the mulch is very nice it is a dark brown (almost black) and is very fine

4. J&P landmasters

Thanks Beck. Good to know for my customers.

5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

if you want to see it or maybe even get a sample they are located on the south outer road at clayton/40. If heading south on clayton make a left as if you are going to get on the highway and it will be on your right hand side across from the big brick building. The compost center is called Edie's after a previous mayor. I dont think they will have a problem with you picking up a sample.

6. J&P landmasters

I was driving by a potential client today and stopped a guy who was delivering it to a neighbor. Looks really nice-almost like dirt-very fine, very dark. I know exactly where Edies is. I know the guy who works the tennis club on that street, so been over there. Thanks for the info!

7. J&P landmasters

I charge $30 per hour/per man. Curious what you all charge around here?

8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

$60 for basic work (trimming shrubs, mulching, cleanups etc) more for stuff that requires machines like bobcats, trenchers etc...You need to charge more

9. J&P landmasters

ok, but those bobcats and trenchers-mostly commercial work you're talking about? I'm talking strictly for residential...

10. kieferslawn

kieferslawn LawnSite Member

I shoot for $35 most of the time. The harder the labor is the higher the rate goes.