St. louis area

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Dunn's, Aug 3, 2006.

1. hess

hess LawnSite Member

I'm 30 Miles east of St. Louis Mo
  2. HiTECH

HiTECH LawnSite Member

Just got back from the creve coeur government center where they held the opening of the bids for the 4 city parks. WOW what a joke that was.
    the first bid was for conway park it is 29.4 acres my price was 1,100 a week, loyet was 800 a week i think and top-care was around 950 a week, but two companies came in at a whopping $325 a week, now do the math that is 11.04 an acre.

the other park was about the same size and the same prices followed.

the other two parks were 7.5 acres and my price was 250, loyets was 200, and top care was some where in between, then you had the lowballers at $90.00 a week.

There were a couple other companies that bidded about 10% higher than mine but i cant believe these low ballers. I am just shocked to say the least. I hope they get the contracts and loose there as***

I am going to have loyet fax me all the bids, i forgot to bring a note book to write them down. As soon as get the fax i will post it on here with the low ballers company names.
  3. hess

hess LawnSite Member

HOLY LE COW!!!! THat's nuts!!!!! When they see the paycheck - the expence they might be pulling the tractors they won't have any gas money for next week!!
  4. HiTECH

HiTECH LawnSite Member

29.4 acres will take about 24 hrs to mow, trim around over a 100 trees and sidewalks and blow off clippings. with 3 guys would take you about 8 hrs. if you pay your guys $10.00 an hour that is $240.00 per cut, then $24.00 for workmens comp, $75.00 in fuel for mowers and truck, that equals $339.00 plus you have to figure in wear and tear on equipment, taxes, insurance. I hope they win just so they go broke and go out of business. Loyets sales men said that they couldnt even do it for that price and they are one of the largest lawn care companies in missouri
  5. quietone

quietone LawnSite Member

That is just completely messed up! I really want to know who is doing it and how they are coming up with those prices. Has everyone been getting alot of calls yet?
  6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

^ Quite a few this week. Many are for fert, mulch, etc. Some mowing starts, too.....
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

ah ah ah you didn't say the magic word!!

Magic word= BUMP
  8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have a w2 form in PDF format that they can email me? If so please PM me thanks!
  9. Ric3077

I mean W4 not 2
  10. Ric3077

Um ok nevermind I found it on the irs site...