St.Louis

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cclllc, Sep 16, 2007.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from St.Louis and I am amazed at the landscaping and the lawn care up there.Way to go guys.The grass looked great.

2. kieferslawn

kieferslawn LawnSite Member

Where were you at in st louis?

3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

We stayed in St. Charles but we drove everywhere. I was mainly talking about the commercial properties. They have alot of slopes to cut.

4. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

I am from St. Louis, and yeah a lot of slopes but big, big money.

5. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I'm 3o miles east ot Saint Louis.

6. J&P landmasters

J&P landmasters LawnSite Member

I work with this woman on a free-lance basis for landscape design. I pay her for the design, we do the work. I had her do a design for a client and now the client doesn't want to use her design and he also wants to split up the job between me and another guy who is much cheaper per/man hr. I basically got stuck w/ a $200 bill for her and now we're not even getting the work we were counting on. No I did not have them sign a contract. Do I just have to suck it up or who's in the wrong here?
    JP

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats so funny b/c I went to St. Louis last June and was amazed at the beautiful stripes in the turf despite the slopes. Like it was stated above, gotta give props to the guys out there.

8. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

When in St. Louis again...........preferably in the summer, check out the hill sides of the commercial properties all along the I 64/40 road sides. BEAUTIFUL stripe jobs from downtown west to Chesterfield. Not counting the million dollar subdivisions, this area has some of the finest commercial work ever seen. Very long stripe cuts that are absolutely perfectly straight. I don't think I could run a stripe that good! Hats off to the landscapers that's doing the work in this area.

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Top Care, Brinkman do most of that stuff off the highway.