Stabbed in back by so-called friend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Mar 18, 2006.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I was in the process of bidding on a large HOA. The total package was $17K+. While I was at a lawn dealer open house I was talking to a friend of mine who said that he was also contacted about the same HOA and he wasn't interested in it at all and turned it down. He said that the HOA had 15 bids and they had narrowed it down to 2 companies. I told him that I was one of the 2. He ask me what my bid was and I told him ( hind sights 20/20). After the open house I gave him 4 new 2x25 ratcheting tie down staps. My son saved them from the dumpster at work. I just found out the bid was awarded to my so-called friend. I haven't spoke to him yet, but surely I will.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez that's a big account to lose,what are you going to say or do,we mow hoa's here nothing that big.
  3. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Buisness is business.

Out of all the LCO's in my area I know who I can trust with info and who I cant.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

DAMN thats BOLD of him...real bold. I would definitely have a word with him. Yea business is business, but we are human beings with MORALS.

He would definitley know not to ask me for ANYTHING in the future.

Is his business bigger or smaller than yours? If he is smaller I would target about $30,000 worth of HIS accounts you might get $17,000 worth LOL. Pay back isa *****
  5. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I bet Bobby G will loan you his "Client & Friend Adjustment Tool" (aka his shovel)! Sounds like your friend needs "adjusting". :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

lol. yeh , just take him a fruit basket and tell him nicely you want your account back .
  7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, business is business, but I would never undercut a competetor, or friend, by asking their bid and then using that information to gain the account. Just remember though, what goes around, comes around.
  8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

dont you mean what comes around, goes around? :hammerhead:
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats to bad, what your so called friend pulled on you. I would consider this a hard lesson learned. I am very close mouthed when it comes to talking dollars and cents around anybody outside of dealing directly with the customer.
  10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

dont worry, what goes around comes around.