Stainless dump cost

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Sep 7, 2012.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

anyone kno how much more stainless is? is it double the price like aluminum?

2. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Our Crysteel 4-5 yd on our F550 was 10k and change in 2004, with all SS parts and floor.

3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

My Crysteel 12' contractors bed (with drop sides and hoist) was about 6k in 2008 so I guess stainless is about double....sure would be nice though. I would think a stainless bed could last longer than 2 (or more) trucks that would rot underneath it???

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I asked 3 or 4 years ago and the upfitter wouldn't even give me a price. Love the look of either the alum. or stainless boxes.

5. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Our F550 has a 4-5 yd Iroquois all stainless body that was a little more than $15k in 2011. We also added a drop side and barn door tailgate that increased the cost several grand over a standard stainless body. And yes, I'm planning to keep this body for several trucks.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

that is insane. I just got a price for a regular steel 6-7 yard, 9 or 10 ft for a 33k single axle was 6800 with hoist. front piston hoist or underbody same price.

7. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup- it is insane. However, we use ours primarily as a salt truck during the winter. So after we figured out the cost of maintenance we would see over the life of the body in our application we decided to pay more upfront for a lower cost over its lifetime.