Stainless steam

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by brookviewlawncare, May 3, 2008.

1. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i read leary " We install the 5000 stainless and are pleased with it. However, avoid the
    MPR nozzle shuck unless you like front end flooding." uses ss rb 5004 anyone else use ss heads for anything other than sports field are they that much better or just a sales tool

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

They resist sand-based soils that causes wiper seal failure, they don't stick
    and they last longer.

DSCN0722.jpg

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I have installed enough I-20 ADS and RB 5004 SS heads and my opinion is don't bother wasting your time unless you don't offer a warranty. We have had nothing but problems with them. I have the RB's in my yard and out of 28 that I have, only 6 original heads remain after 3 years. One summer we tried to use the I-20ADS as a selling tool. :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: what a warranty headache. Maybe we got bad batches??? But the I-20ADV, no problems at all.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Poor installation would be my guess.:p

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Not in my case, and I've honestly seen the same, or worse performance from the I-20 compared to the PGP.

But hey...the warantee's longer :D

6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

The main problem we experienced with the RB's had to do with the wiper seals, the I-20's just would not rotate.