Stainless Steel fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by dab212s, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

have any of you used stainless steel fixtures before? Pros/Cons?

2. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

yes....my pros and cons assume a well made fixture with durable seal coat.
    pros...can be the most stunning fixture you have seen when used in an eclectic modern type architectual setting.
    cons....looks awful everywhere else....unless the intention is for the fixture to stand out in it's surroundings.
    I love the look of stainless steal....they have a miami vice sort of feel..livin' large...livin' fast. Not much of that in Kentucky:)

3. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

Well, living large and fast sounds like fun. I think I'll try some out. :)

The ones I ordered are underwater lights and mr-16 well lights, so even if they end up not being to eye-pleasing, they'll be mostly out-of-view.

4. niteliters

How's Mizzou country dab212s. That's where I went to college. Are you from there originally? How long have you been in Lv?

5. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

It's very snowy here right now, I moved up here January '06 and started the lighting biz with my cousin. I'm 24 now and he is 21. He worked for a guy in Springfield for a little while that did lighting, so we just kinda went from there.
    I went to school at Mo State, but I'm a fan of all the Missouri schools, so as you can probably guess, I don't much care for KU. Both of my brothers live up here with me, one goes to school at Mizzou, the other graduated from here and sells insurance.

When did you go to school here?

6. niteliters

went in late 80's...graduated in 90 after a transfer to UMSL. Orginally from St Louis. I wish you lots of luck. pm me with your # I'll give you a call this fall when I am coming up/over for a Mizzou football game. What made you choose this career path?

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

chris check your email :)

8. niteliters

checked don't see anything in particular...emailed you also.