1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Steel Spreader -Walk behind

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RoyalZ, Mar 28, 2005.

1. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

Anyone know where to buy a good broadcastr spreader that wont get stolen and converted to serve champaign because of the cost. I was looking at Northern Tools broadcast spreaders for under $100. Is there any others to consider?
  2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Lesco spreaders are cheap. You pay more but they last.
  3. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

Grandview, that company is whom I priced the 350 Stainless steel Broadcast spreader. I was thinking of upgrading from a Speedygreen 3000 from which I recently handed over to a customer and said " Strength and Honor to Rome" and Handed the Speedy Green to him saying This is my gift to you...your seed will come up but not yet, not yet...in 14 days. Now I have to buy a new spreader and want to get a faster one with wheels.
  4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I did not follow your last comments. I am not familar with a Speedygreen 3000.
  5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Its a Scotts spreader with plastic wheels that you can buy from any home improvement store. He seems to have made the comment in a smart a$$ fashion! :alien:
  6. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I mean, come on. Do a search.

Um, I want to buy a really nice truck that starts and runs, and has a cd player and gets 20 mpg,

but I only want ot spend about 2 grand....what should I get?

It just becomes frustrating after you see and answer the same post threee times. Spyker, lesco, prizelawn. Pay the money, get the spreaded, if not, get teh wal mart job and use it and when it breaks get another one.

7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

If you want stainless steel, you will pay. Lesco has/had a sale on them for about $339. Painted carbon steel $229
  8. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

I've used Prizelawn, Lesco, and Spyker since starting in 1995 but my favorite spreader is an "commercial" Earthway model that runs about $100-$125. Light, easy to maneuver, good throw pattern BUT...You will have to treat them as a disposable. It depends on how many yard you do and how often you clean this or any spreader but the cheaper ones just don't last as long.