1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stainless steel v-box prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tobe Lawn Care, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Tobe Lawn Care

Tobe Lawn Care LawnSite Member

First of all, sorry to put this in the wrong forum Sean. However, I am a member on Plowsite.com and can only view and it is automatically logging me in. I cannot get it to do forum searches either. Can this be fixed? Thanks for the help.

Now on to the v-box questions. I have been looking @ the new Western/Fisher 8' model. Local dealer has 1 for $5900 w/the Honda, stainless and topscreen w/inverted vee. Does this price seem high? Any dealers in MI. or IN. w/anything in stock shoot me a price. Thanks.
  2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

sounds very high, a airflow or snowway, stainless, but with briggs power can be bought for 3-3400.
  3. Tobe Lawn Care

Tobe Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was expecting +/-$4000 not anywhere near 5900.:dizzy:
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

That does sound high but you have to consider it is in the middle of peak season. This will drive up prices. If this is all that is around then they kinda have you by the ball$

For comparison, an acquaintance I know paid ~5500 for an 8' ss hi way.
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds a little high to me too but i would suspect fisher/western are a little higher priced than most brands. If you got it in your area check into airflo henderson or Sno-way spreaders they all have stainless models are are usually cheaper in price.
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

angelos has them for 3000, its a 2 yarder.