Stamped Concrete

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Smokey03, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Smokey03

Smokey03 LawnSite Member

This is a picture of a recent stamped job.

2. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

No offense but your pattern looks a little light
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

lookin good...but pavers look better:rolleyes:...just dont like the shiny look of it
  4. Smokey03

Smokey03 LawnSite Member

This particular Asler Slate pattern is not a very deep stamp which is great for patios since chairs and tables will not wobble on it. Also, this customer likes the glossy look so I used a 25% sealer.
  5. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

I have the same pattern , what company do you use cause i use mainly scofield but for that pattern i have brickform. check out my site
  6. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Nice site. I'm not that familiar with stamped concrete, but how did you do the different colors in the pic below? I need to have my driveway done like that!
  7. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

I DIG IT...

its a bit shiny for my taste but i can see the potential in the application...

8. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

Well we broadcast color hardener then use acid stains to bring out various colors and imperfections
  9. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Not a stamped fan but that does look nice and appears to be quality.

Would have gone with a different color than what matches the brick, JMO, but if the client is happy, than it's all good.
  10. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looks nice. The only thing that scares me is being right next to the foundation on the 2 sides. Have just seen way to much settling especially on new construction. Pavers have the advantage of being able to be fixed if settling happens. I like the pattern!