stamped walkways

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 1MajorTom, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

now I'm pretty sure you guys would prefer pavers over stamped concrete, that's not the question.
    for those that do stamped concrete, do you "sign your name" somewhere on the walkway, driveway, etc?
    walking around today doing estimates, I can't tell you how many times I saw the driveway signed. I find that to look hideous. if I was the homeowner, I would not want some contractors name in my driveway.
    to sign or not to sign, that is the question....

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the area they signed was an area that they will have to come back and fix after it cracks, so they thought....why not?

chris

3. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

We would not sign our name. I agree its kinda tacky.

4. 1MajorTom

so by your response, does that mean you are a "signer"? i would have never pictured you for one. ;)

5. cgland

I never prematurely sign. In fact I can go forever w/o signing! :weightlifter:

Chris

6. 1MajorTom

ha ha, ok you got me. good comeback. :laugh:

7. cgland

J/K Jodi! Seriously, We have experimented w/ engraved pavers w/ our names on them, but we always left additional pavers incase of breakage or the homeowner wanted to replace ours. But signing a permanent thing like concrete is very unprofessionl IMO.

Chris

8. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

Slightly different scenario, but have you ever seen a gravestone with a dealer's sticker? The local gravestone installer sticks a gold label on his headstones with his name & phone number. Dozens of them in the local cemetery.

9. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a small stamp, kinda abstract, that I stamp the inside of my concrete curbs with. One strike, on the end of the run. It gets covered with mulch after cleanup of the equipment and work area.

Nobody but me knows it's there.