stamps for designing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kyfireman2004, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Has anyone ever used stamps instead of hand drawing your customers designs? I really can't draw! Just wondering if anyone has done this on their designs. Here's website I seen the stamps on ........... www.americanstampco.com
    Does anyone else know of any other company's that make stamps.

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

The important thing is that you can communicate what you are going to do and to have a record of what you were going to do to support your contracts. You won't be competitive as a professional designer, but you can certainly sell landscape jobs.

It is pretty easy to make good looking landscape plans with bad hands if you learn a few techniques. You will surprise yourself if you try. I'll try to find an old post that I did and cut and paste it to help you out. I'm too tired to rewrite it now.

3. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

The stamps work fine, but I would photo copy the entire drawing with your hand drawn and stamped work before giving it to a client.

American is the only company I am aware of that does a great job with landscape stamps.

As Andrew says, there are simple ways of improving your drawing skills, but the art is not really in the drawing, but in the finished installation. A more detailed, clean and finished drawing is a presentation tool, just like 3D imaging, but circles in the right place and an accurate key can give you a well designed planting plan. The more complex your work gets, the better your drawing or computer skills should be. Or better yet, work with a designer and concentrate on the part of your job that is most profitable.

Kirk