stand-on aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by americanlawn, Oct 7, 2013.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Just wanted to thank all who have recommended the "30 inch stand-on aerator" in the past (you know who you are). I was a skeptic >> especially regarding the Lawn Solutions unit. Exmark initially repainted LS units red, but pulled them off the market until they corrected problems, fine tuned them, and got the bugs out.

I now have one 2013 Exmark 30" stand-on, and I wish I had two of them. My wife didn't want me to spend the money at first, but she's a believer now. Much better plugs. Less damage to turf. I want all of my aeration customers to have the Exmark aerator to do as much as the aeration as possible due to quality results. I even carry socket wrenches to undo fences when gates are smaller than 48 inches, just so I can pull deep/quality plugs.

James (Equity Green) from Sioux Falls said, "It's worth every penny". I agree.

Thanks again guys. :usflag::canadaflag:

p.s. I still bleed TURFCO green.

2. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Larry isn't great how the new models have the larger foot plate as opposed to the old LS models much nicer. I now have the best of the best as far as aerators, have the Turfco XT5 and the Toro ride on aerator. :usflag:

3. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

The best of the best is the ride on and the dual hydro. No comparison!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

On our Fourth ride on. They are awesome machines
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I love my xt-5

6. Service 1st Lawn Care

Wouldn't use the dual hydro enough to justify the $6500.00 + Tax, only use the XT5 for really small areas otherwise it's all ride-on. So in my situation I have the best of the best.:)

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

You guys ROCK! (just sayin') I don't get on lawnsite as much as I did during the "Z vs T Wars". lmao!!! But I always respected your opinions. RABBITMAN - you were the first, and I truly respect your experience (thank you). Dusty -- thanks for also being a friend. Service -- cool deal. The 2013 models have that nicer/larger step plate. Also have upgraded/improved hydraulic pumps.

I still have a four suggestions (so far) for improvements regarding the Exmark/TORO 30" stand-on aerator.

8. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

I truly love my eXmark stand on aerator. It is indeed worth every penny, and it has already paid for itself... twice.

Larry, what would you improve? I have a couple things, I suppose. I would like to see that larger foot pedal. I would like if the tines up/down was just a bit faster, maybe a cup holder, but I'm just nit picking.

Oh, and I have too, taken gates off just to fit into back yards. Yes, it does a better job, but its also just so dang fast and effortless. Its funny that I now dread using my LS walk behind. I remember when I first bought it, how happy I was. Spoiled.

9. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

guys, if I could, aside from the quality of plugs/ less damage these machines produce, how much time are we talking about to do one acre/ flat with a couple of trees on average? Thanks

10. Service 1st Lawn Care

The Toro/Exmark ride on is the best thing since slice bread. Thought I might miss my Z-plug I sold in the spring. And God knows I love my Z-spray but nothing compares to this aerator. Nimble, quick, nice clean plugs, deep plugs, comfortable large foot plate. Bottom line AWESOME:)