1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stand-on attachment on w/b's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Aug 10, 2001.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

I am a "Johnny come lately" here at Lawnsite and was just wondering if anyone knows who makes a hydro w/b that comes with a stand-on attachment on it? I think that it's called a "velkie" or something like that.

At any rate, thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Steve Parsons

2. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

You might try the search function on lawnsite in the top, right-hand corner under the sponsors' banner. I typed in "velkie" and found the following link: http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?...id=18663&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending
    --
    also, there are several available on the market in different configurations (one-wheel; two-wheel; velkie; velky; sulkie; sulky; Proslide...), so good luck in the search.
    Welcome to lawnsite.

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Jcoat pretty much covered them all, I think there is also one called Rocket Wheels. I have the one wheeled velkies on my Wb's. Personally don't like the line it leaves, I would get two wheeled if I had to do over.

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Try Lesco they make an excellent stand on sulky, also The bullrider

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed the bull rider!Very impressive, Id defintly buy one if i owned a hydro walkbehind! I own Jungle wheel that I use one and a while on my belt driven walkbehind. Sure its better than walking..... but a belt driven dosnt have reverse so i have to step of and the end of each turn to make a 3 point turn with my mower or just make an extremly wide turn. The bull rider also dosnt jack knife like mist of them!

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

STEVE--IMHO, don't apologize for being new here.

just wade in and let it fly!

GEO

7. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

i would agree with edward hedrick on the lesco attachment. make sure your mower has enough power (at least 14 16 hp) or you will take some chances on blowing a motor. try to demo each one if at all possible to get a feel of one. good luck:)