Stand on mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by goinggreen123, Nov 6, 2013.

1. goinggreen123

goinggreen123 LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new mower for next spring and have not yet made up mind on what I want I am interested in exmark vantage, toro grand stand, or a wright stander. I have heard bad things about the toro grand stand from small engine mechanics which was my first choice till hearing their thoughts but I was wanting some opinions from guys who use these mowers on a daily basis.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

The Toro and Exmark are pretty close to being the same thing as they're pretty much like comparing a Chevy to a GMC. Yes the decks are different but mechanically pretty much share DNA
  3. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

What about Scag V ride?
  4. goinggreen123

I haven't looked into scag just cause I have never heard good things about them not saying I have heard bad either I will look into it thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

I have a 48 vantage. Overall I love it . Wish it was a tad faster and doesn't cut the best when mowing wet or tall grass. When conditions are right though it cut as good as anything I've seen.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Wright stander ZK. 13.5 mph cut speed. It's a beast and price well right now
  7. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

scag probably has one of the best all around decks made. the wright aerocore deck sucks but the rest of the mower is amazing. by far the best hill holding ability of any of them. my personal expdrience with the vantage was an excellent cut and dispersal in dry, major clumps when wet, and very slow
  8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

My Vantage was slow as well. Took it in and found out the hydros were out of adjustment. Does fine now.
  9. goinggreen123

They look very similar and figured as much but I have heard from 2 different mechanics that they are very different mechanically.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. goinggreen123

Tha is for the input.
    Posted via Mobile Device