Stand On Mowers vs Riding ZTRs

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by KadInt508, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Which do you prefer, a stand on mower or riding ZTR?

1. Stand On Mower

53.3%
  2. Riding ZTR

46.7%
  1. KadInt508

KadInt508 LawnSite Member

Which do you prefer, a Stand On mower or a Riding ZTR?

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I've only had a ztr but it's soundike a stander wood be nice because you don't have to keep getting up of the seat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok i have a stand on jd 667 I believe and i use it as a back up but i also have a few ZTR's The stander is Ok cuts nice but it just hurts your legs after a long day of mowing...Its alot easier to sit down but i still like my stand on..

You also have to get used to it because its a little different (control/ steering wise!)
    My guys hate it! lol

4. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was never a fan of the stand ons. If not a ZTR, I would rather use a walk behind. Dont get me wrong, walking can be miserable, but there is something about being grounded that makes it worth it. Stand ons are just akward for me. Just my opinion

5. ChevHayes

ChevHayes LawnSite Member

On smaller properties i prefer the stander, they are very versatile although if you are catchin, that could easily be a pita especially in the spring and fall.

6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Smaller and sketchy lawns near lakes retaining walls etc I'd perfer standing. Bigger lawns over an acre I'll ride. You should really have all three type IMHO.

7. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i love my gravely 152 zero,im not a fan of walkbehinds or standups,but they both have the purpose

8. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I like my snapperpro s75x, like a ferris evolution. Its very comfy and stabile

9. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Wright ZK, holds a hill better than any ZTR and it can really move.

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Both, a tiger someday then when my dane hits the crapper ill get a v ride.
    Posted via Mobile Device