stand on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm starting to look into the stand on mowers. i was looking at the everride scorpion 61" the great dane super surfer 61" and the wright standard 61". i all ready have a 52" ztr and i would by another ztr but do not have the space on my trailer. what are your oppions on these mowers, any likes and dislikes problems you have had, cut quality any input would be greatly appericated.
    thanks
    alex
    ps don't mind my bad spelling

2. ScottsQLS

ScottsQLS LawnSite Member

i have used a simular mower like those two, i used a John Deere quicktrac. the mower was really great if the only thing you would want to do is mow. it even cut down on how long it took me to cut lawns. the down fall of this mower was that there wasn't a good way to bag with it, but if you only need a second mow and not a clean up mower then it would be a good addition

3. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

I don't think Everride makes the 61". The only negative with a larger deck is more scalping. But still a very nice machine.

4. Mowerboy04

yea i just discoverd that everride no longer makes a 61" deck it says they have it on there website but i called my dealer and he said that they only make a 52"

5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the Stander RH. i've used standers for years and have no complaints.

6. Mowerboy04

yea i hear the stander is the cream of the crop but my dealer is a long ways away and there alot more expensive so i'm kind of leaning away from them i guss that leaves me with jd and great dane
    alex

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

By the way, it's Stander, not Standard. I wouldn't get a 61" Wright Stander because of the overhang of the deck past the wheels, it can scalp very easily. If you're thinking of a Wright, get a 52" instead. But demo both styles of stand on mowers to see what you like best.

8. Mowerboy04

what are your guy's oppion on the great dane stand on mower?
    alex

9. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Quite a few people will dog them, but I have had minimal issues with mine, and all have been taken care of quickly by my dealer. It really all boils down to dealer support, and not abusing your machines. I love my Danes, most of them are 52" units. If possible, look at their new fixed deck Surfer, 52" with a 19hp Kaw for 5k

10. Mowerboy04

yea i have looked at the 52" unit but i allready have a 52" ztr and i really need a 61" and i was looking at the stand on units becuase i only have a 12ft trailer and i can't get two ztrs on it. How do your great danes stripe?
    alex