1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stand on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wannabemowing, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wannabemowing

wannabemowing LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how these mows handle. I have seen many of them being used by other companies and I have mentioned to my boss that they would be nice to have. They seem easy to handle but he said that they aren't any good. I just wanted a little info on how they handle compared to a zturn. I guess I thought they looked easier to work and looked kinda fun:) So give me some info on these bad boys!!
  2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what his prob is but you can see more of what is happening, save your back (he prob does not care) go up and down curbs easier this is my experience so far i just started using it this week.
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Best mowers..You can see everything in front of you..have him demo one or you can ask for a demo..bet you'll like it..
  4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Great Dane Super Surfer. It is way. way faster than a walk-behind, but not as productive as a ZTR.
  5. wannabemowing

So compared to a z-turn which would be more productive, or does that depend on your property? Also how well do they handle on slopes? You may think this is a dumb question but how do you get to demo these mowers??
  6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

The Wright mowers are pretty sweet. I would definitely buy one if I needed one and could afford one. I drove one around at my dealers, and I really liked it. Maybe next year I'll have one. They are really good on hills as well.
  7. wannabemowing

So to demo mowers do you just go to a dealer and say hey I want to demo this mower or how does that whole thing work? I really need to try to convince my boss to buy a new mower, he has a nice deere z turn but the other one has to be 10 years old at least and it is nothing but trouble!!
  8. wannabemowing

I'm guessing an hour or so on one of the standers and you have the hang of it? How do you go about getting a demo of these machines?
  9. Loyds Lawn Service

Loyds Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I own a Great Dane surfer and love it. My brother inlaw talked me into it and glad he did.

BNR LAWN SERVICES LawnSite Member

I have a wright rapid hite and love it. For normal size lawns it is great with the small foot print of the mower able to go between houses and turn around without going on other properties. I have one 3 acre cut and it gets old standing that long and wish I had a ztr for that job.