1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stand on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&F lawnmaster, Oct 9, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i've used my toro 52" grandstand for 3 years now and absolutely love it.

it handles hills just fine. there is no weight problem.

i do strictly residential properties.

i've used walkbehinds, stand ons and sit downs. i'd choose a stander over a sit down any day of the week. you do need a small walkbehind on the trailer though. i carry a 36" walkbehind to get into a few gated backyards. but it only leaves the trailer 2 or 3 times a week for me.

2. D&F lawnmaster

D&F lawnmaster LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I will demo a exmark next week for a few days and try to demo a gravely for one day.

3. shadetreelawns

shadetreelawns LawnSite Member

I hear only good things about wright mowers and I don't think there is a dealer in my state.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Shawn S

Shawn S LawnSite Member

I bought a John Deere 647A and I really like it. JD is the only dealer we have within 50 miles which was what made up most of my mind on the brand. The 7 Iron deck is great. Right now we are running it with an Accelerator to clean up leaves and the thing is like a vacuum.
    The only thing that is remotely annoying can be tree limbs. It certainly puts you much higher than a ZTR, and a little higher than a walk-behind.
    The vast majority of our properties are residential and it works great for those.