stand up questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lickliss, Aug 31, 2007.

1. lickliss

lickliss LawnSite Member

I am looking at stand ups, specifically the gravely made by great dane. Can you hop curbs with the floating decks or is the fixed better at that. I would see this mower used where our walk behinds go now. There are curbs and entry points. I wonder about operations under trees, are you able to get lower on a ztr going under branches.. I bought the gravely xz outfront to get into those spots, but we got trees. I also think 48 might be a bit wide, maybe a new walkbehind is best bet, but looking for input. We run the 60" decks all over our properties, smaller decks are for the 15% we can't get with them. is the stander a time saver over walkbehind and would it replace a 60" deck out in the open?

Thanks I truly value the input of the professionals I read here.

Kurt Lickiss
    Kurt&Bert's Lawn Service
    Gravely powered
    260Z, XZ, 144

2. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I can get over curbs with my 52 gravely stander. I have to raise the floating deck to its highest level then back up the curb with no problems.

3. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

You can drop down to about the height of the handles or a little lower to get under limbs. Watch out though, I almost knocked myself off by hitting a limb with my forehead the other day.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that is different from Wright Rapid Height.....on our unit if you drop off a curb wrong somethign is going to bend, it is solid linkages.

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

A Gravely stand-on, eh?

Of course I have to ask a few obligatory questions. . .

What deck is offered on that unit and how deep is it? How well does it hold hills? How is the quality of cut? What are the differences (deck?) between it and the GD's?

And how much did the 52" floating deck run ya?